The new and modern Test Laboratory of Agrioil has been enlarged in 2014 by purchasing
a new equipment being really advanced from a scientific point of view: an HPLC system and two Gas cromatographs
linked to different recording systems assisting the UV Spectrophotometer being already in use.
The laboratory, being so equipped, can guarantee the carrying out of all the chemical physical tests provided by the European regulations
and can also support the scientific research projects in which Agrioil is partner of prestigious Universities as witness of
the company’s concern for a high quality production and competitiveness on the market.
PROJECT HI-LIFE – HEALTH PRODUCTS FROM THE INDUSTRY OF FOODS
In cooperation with the Universities of Salerno and Messina, Agrioil has conducted the Project Hi-life Health Products from the Industry of Foods
about recovery and exploitation of rejected items from the processing process of the agricultural-food industry,
for the production of functional foods, and of innovative cosmeceutical and nutraceutical products.
The projects involved agroindustrial, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and technological companies and was born for the purpose of:
– implementing a system of quality control of agricultural-food products,
in order to obtain safer and higher quality products;
– exploiting rejected items as source of bioactive substances,
thus reducing the amount of waste and the risks derived for the environment;
– developing innovative health products and new formulas
for the conveyance and controlled release of active principles;
– producing foods meant for specific categories of consumers;
– developing new technologies in the agricultural-food sector.
With specific reference to olive oil industry, the research project comprised four macro-phases and objctives:
1. Study and characterization of olive oil components and manufacturing scraps
2. Recovery of microbiologically active substances from manufacturing scraps
3. Production of functional foods and of innovative cosmeceutical and nutraceutical products
4. Data management and scale-up